Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 490

Thread: Random: Random subject thread (NOT insanity)

  1. #431
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT OCB: Agreed. I already try to keep stuff that's not liked by people down; see how I haven't started any threads on islam or drugs for years, or how I don't mercilessly bash christianism. I do have consideration for all of you and avoid trouble. All I did is mention how fucked I feel every birthday because of islam, and I avoided making a new thread about it. That happened almost 3 months ago so I don't even know WTF is all of this.

    These days I'll be making an extra effort to avoid what may be considered arguments, and focus on (hopefully) neutral stuff we can all enjoy and possibly agree on.

  2. #432
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, don't worry about it. Besides, i know how you feel. A lot of people got killed on my birthday too.

  3. #433
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We share different opinions, and that is alright. And that "he started it *points*" is way childish. It's just an arguement, nothin personal you say? Then end it already.

  4. #434
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no matter who started guys, just someone finish it

  5. #435
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Wise: "...I'd like to hear the opinion of Raij...."

    Gah, sorry for my inactivity! Due to impending exams and other such things, I've been somewhat more occupied, and stressed recently.

    Firstly, I must elaborate on the fact that I still support my original thoughts with regards to the "Granaboard Appreciation" thread. I still percieve Granaboard as being an absolutely awesome board, simply due to the abundance of really interesting people, most of which have been present for a while, thus promoting a pleasant and friendly atmosphere.
    On many occasions I myself have posted very personal beliefs/ideals on particular threads, of which I would consider as being too excessive and private to divulge to friends in real life. This in itself illustrates an example of how beneficial the Granaboard can be (well, at least for some members like myself). It provides a means by which you can express yourself in a rather meaningful way (since you trust the members of the board), which in itself provides the benefit of enabling you to relieve yourself of potential mental stress you may be experiencing in reality.
    In this way, I consider Granaboard as being incredibly significant, and enjoyable.

    Secondly, although I myself also wasn't really around during the ancient days of Granaboard, I must admit that it was still very enjoyable when I first joined.
    If anything, the degree to which I personally have been relisihing in Granaboard has increased over time, as I became more mature and started cultivating more interesting and educated opinions about certain issues.

    Recently, I must agree that generally the board has become somewhat less engaging, but I believe this is simply due to the absence of any particularly "thought-provoking" threads (this doesn't necassarily relate to "intelligent" threads, just threads which evoke interesting responses from people. More discursive threads), but I am confident that this little problem shall be rectified as people become more relaxed (....summer holidays are coming!!!!! ^_^) and start to initiate more threads based on their experiences (this way, the opinion they convey has more meaning).

    Regarding the past issue, I agree with OCB in that such arguments are undesirable, but I think it is far too excessive to simply eliminate the board like that! One of the charms of Granaboard is the fact that your able to read the views of a diverse range of individuals (enabling you to consider things from several perspectives). The last thing you want to do is disperse all the members so we can only interact with particular inidividuals.
    I find everyone's posts interesting to read (although some more so than others)!

    Referring to the argument between Xel and Wise, I too think that you should just both withdraw and forget about the difference in opinions. I can understand the reasoning for both of you becoming angry, however in the end this is simply a little dissagreement which should really just be abandoned. It's too mundane a thing to result in actual friendships being ruined.

    Finally, concerning the posts relating to how people should avoid issuing opinions which could provoke arguments, I don't think that this should be particularly enforced.
    I do think that any posts which may really offend people should be avoided, but if you have a strong opinion to express, you shouldn't be restrained regarding the degree to which you can advocate your opinion. Provided that people are able to observe and reply to the opinion with an open-mind while being able to offer their perspective on the matter, it will lead into really enthralling discussions. This would primarily cause all individuals to benefit, since they shall be able to consider issues from a variety of perspectives, and ultimately acquire a broader range of knowledge.

    Well, that's my opinion anyhow.

  6. #436
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also, what's happened to the "Bizarre Questions" thread? I can't find it

  7. #437
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Raij: Thanks for your opinion. The bizarre questions thread was probably pushed off the first page, so you can access it by scrolling down past the list of threads and selecting "2" in the list of thirty-something thread list pages we have. There are hundreds of threads here ^_^. If you can't see all of them, you should find a drop-down list somewhere where you can select "Show last topics in", which is 30 days by default, and you can set to "All" which is the only recommended value for this board.

  8. #438
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [...] (....summer holidays are coming!!!!! ^_^) [...]
    Yeah, that will be an awesome relief!!

  9. #439
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And the PSP is coming...and it seems you will be too.

  10. #440
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always saw the UMD Video as a completely useless feature unless I were able to burn discs which I'm not because sony sucks, but recently I've learnt three interesting facts about it:

    ■ UMD pr0n is a different story. This makes it half as lame to my eyes. I might want to try that. And if sony allows Japanese companies to release good Asian porn for them, disallowing European companies from doing it would make Hitoraa happy.

    ■ UMD has regional protection (I'd rather call it regional aggression). Every time somebody likes, designs, implements, uses, and does not bypass regional protections, god kills an endangered white tiger who is pregnant of 3 little white tigers.

    ■ You can use the PSP to play MPEG4 from your memory cards, to which you can transfer data from your PC using an USB cable. I think you can't use regular USB sticks (that'd be too good for sony to do), but perhaps there are 512 MB memory sticks (I hope they don't make something pathetic like 16 MB max). I've seen some co-official sites are offering previews and stuff for you to download and view in your PSP. Bothering to do all that for a 2 minutes vid is stupid, but I could recompress fansubs and fit 3 of them in a 512 MB memory stick every 3 days, so I can watch anime. That'd be very good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •